Monday, July 24, 2017

RE: The Death Penalty

I really enjoyed reading about my classmate Alia’s point of view on the death penalty in America. I completely agree with her that the death penalty is immoral, and that killing murders makes us no different than them. However, when she stated that there have been cases where defendant has been wrongly convicted of a crime, and I think her argument would have been strengthened by also mentioning a few specific cases when this occurred. Also, I feel the addition of a statistic showing how many in-mates are killed per year by the death penalty would stimulate more emotion from readers. Overall, I think that Alia made a strong argument against the use of the death penalty. I also really liked her use of Gandhi’s quote!

No comments:

Post a Comment

RE: The Death Penalty

I really enjoyed reading about my classmate Alia’s point of view on the death penalty in America. I completely agree with her that the deat...